The data analyst will perform routine clerical duties including FTIR spectroscopy data validation and preliminary emissions test report preparation. The data analyst will communicate with emissions testing technicians, report technicians, management, and external agents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain introductory level understanding of EPA and ASTM methods and standards pertaining to the testing and reporting of emissions levels of stationary source natural gas emitters
- Compile initial testing report results through reviewing test data and test logs
- Compile various preliminary test reports dependent on regulatory and client requirements
- Follow internal and regulatory procedures for the data validation of FTIR spectroscopy tests
- Recommend process improvements and feedback regarding core positional accountabilities
- Take ownership of key performance indicators in association with company business goals
- Provide flexible support within emissions testing reporting group as business needs require
- Maintain rigorous integrity and ethics within all facets of work
- Communicate internally and externally to support advancement of customer service
- Must have sound computer skills extending beyond experience in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in data analysis or FTIR spectroscopy a plus
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and responsibility beyond the minimum requirements of a job
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or other technical degree
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and solve problems
- Possess exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible and proactive problem solver adept to achieving results in a team-oriented and collaborative environment, but also able to function effectively working independently
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, team-members and management
- Light work: exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
- Lifting: occasionally raising objects weighing up to 20 pounds from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to positon.
- Talking: often expressing or exchanging ideas through spoken word; detailed direction must be conveyed accurately and quickly.
- Hearing: often perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication
- Repetitive motions: frequently making substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Visual acuity: required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer monitor; extensive reading; extensive computer use.
- The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature variations.