EMIT Technologies is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer who is committed to making an impact with our engine and emission control lines of products.
This team member is essential to the development and maintenance of embedded software products. You will round out a team of embedded and electrical engineers who are scary intelligent and completely dedicated to the task of product creation with industry-wide impact. Your primary role is to contribute to direction and impetus of current design efforts by fulfilling application roles for internal and external customers, maintaining, testing and updating software, organizing the documentation for the manufacture, installation and assembly of control products for internal and external customers. Within one year, our expectation is that you will grow into specific product ownership roles. Additionally, you will be working with teams of highly talented mechanical engineers and manufacturing and electronics assembly experts. These individuals rely on engineers who stand up and get things done.
- Computer Science Engineering degree preferred
- 2 years’ experience preferred
- Solid background in embedded application development
- Background in control loops preferred
- Strong C skills
- Knowledge of real time operating systems
- Knowledge of a variety of communication buses: Ethernet, USB, CAN, I2C, SPI, RS-485
- Knowledge of electrical hardware and circuit theory
- Knowledge of Microchip silicon preferred
- Can successfully meet program schedule milestones and be aware of schedule constraints
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Successful candidate will understand the importance of safety, and place it in the highest regard
- Proficient in computer use including Word, Outlook, Excel, and demonstrate the ability to learn new software packages
- Flexible and proactive problem solver adept at achieving results in a team-oriented and collaborative environment, but also able to function effectively working independently
- Ambition to learn new processes and suggest process improvements
- Develop a working understanding of the natural gas industry and our customers
- Occasional field work on oil & gas sites will be required for testing new functionality and products
Salary: $55,000 to $70,000
EMIT Technologies is one of the fastest growing providers of natural gas engine control, gas compressor process control and exhaust equipment in the natural gas industry. EMIT operates a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Sheridan, WY.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org