EMIT Technologies, Inc.
Job Title: Machine Operator (Press Brake)
Job Category: Metal Manufacturing
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
Location: Sheridan, WY 82801
Please email application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are at emittechnologies.com or 2491 Heartland Drive.
Machine Operator is responsible for set-up, operation and maintenance of machinery to roll and/or form steel, cut steel materials using machinery and/or hand equipment, or maneuver materials to and from other work areas. Team Member will ensure a clean, safe working environment and complete daily and routine maintenance on their machines. The Machine Operator will troubleshoot and problem solve on a daily basis, and know and understand the policies, procedures, and processes of EMIT.
- Adjust and correct machine set-up and eliminate product defects
- Monitor machine cycles to ensure products conform to specifications
- Examine, inspect, and measure raw materials and finished products to verify conformance to specifications
- Operate machines following correct procedures to remove finished work pieces or to change tooling, setup, or work piece placement, according to required machining sequences
- Modify programs to account for problems encountered during operation and save or document modified programs
- Build machine production plans to utilize time and material efficiently
- Recognize production parts and sort according to material and/or workstation
- Recognize, set up, maintain, and operate machinery and power tools common to the manufacturing trade, including but not limited to: grinders, drills, hand tools, and specialized machine tools
- Lift/Push/Pull heavy loads and assist with part assembly on large equipment
- Operate overhead crane and rig lifting straps to move large parts
- Read technical drawings in both 2D and 3D versions
- Complete necessary material tracking procedures and be thorough with inspecting, unloading and storing raw materials.
- Handle various projects, and other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
- Ability to interact effectively with the Team, foster teamwork, and demonstrate professionalism
- Possess exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be punctual and flexible regarding work hours and shifts
- Ability to identify and prioritize tasks
- Strong work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to follow schedules and instructions from Managers to work at the necessary pace to complete all daily tasks
- Maintain positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management
- Ambition to learn new processes and suggest process improvements
- Understand the importance of safety and adhere to company policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain equipment and keep a clean, safe and orderly workspace
- Must be able to operate forklift and become certified
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 – 3 years welding experience with various CNC machine operation
- Knowledge of various machine operation preferred
- Knowledge of metal working and hand tool operation desired
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move object
- Lifting: Occasionally raising objects weighing up to 70 lbs. from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles
- Stooping: Frequently bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees
- Crouching: Occasionally bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine
- Reaching: Frequently extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Standing: Continuously remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Walking: Frequently moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force of 100 lbs. in order to thrust forward, downward or outward
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert with force of 100 lbs. in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion
- Repetitive motions: Frequently making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers while demonstrating proper body mechanics
- Visual acuity: Team Member is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating hand tools where the job is at or within arm’s reach; performing skilled trade tasks of a non-repetitive nature; or operating a forklift.
- Team Member is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside
- Team Member is subject to extreme heat; temperature of 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions such as wind or humidity
- Team Member is subject to extreme cold: temperatures typically below 32 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental condition such as wind and humidity
- Team Member is subject to noise and must wear hearing protection. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level
- Team Member is subject to hazards including: moving parts, machines, and vehicles
- Team member is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.